Many, many thanks to all of you — chefs, judges, voters, and audience — who made our first annual Edible Books Festival such a rousing success! All the entries were fantastic, fantastical, and definitely edible.
- Best Team Entry: Cyndi Brandenburg and family, “Where the Sidewalk Ends”
- Best Individual Entry (Tie!): Robin Ploof, “Money can’t buy happiness…but it can buy books and that is almost the same thing”
- Best Individual Entry (Tie!): Adele Holoch, “Twelfth Night”
- “Punniest” Entry: Academic Affairs Office (Kellie Nadeau), “A Farewell to Arms”
- People’s Choice Award: Cyndi Brandenburg and family, “Where the Sidewalk Ends”
Special thanks to our judges: Chef Sandi Earle, Prof. Suzanne Glover, Kennedy Tran, Erik Oliver, and special guest judge Brian David Johnson. If you missed it, check out our Facebook photos. Co-sponsored by the Core Division and the Library, Champlain’s Edible Books Festival is part of an international phenomenon described at http://www.books2eat.com/. Based on this year’s amazing participation, we suspect that it may become an annual campus event!