The Creative Media BFA program would like you to know about the “Future of Creative Industries” panel discussion – Wednesday, February 25 at 7:00 pm in Alumni Auditorium. The event is free and open to the public. Please consider coming out for the event and please promote it to your students!
Thought leaders from the fields of art, design, music, innovation and business will take up issues affecting creative professionals in a panel discussion:
- How are the ways that creative professionals are making a living changing?
- What are the challenges and opportunities?
- What policies and practices impact innovation and expression in Vermont?
We have a great line-up!
- Michael Jager of Solidarity of Unbridled Labour
- Jennifer Vincent, Stiller School of Business
- Kevin Erickson of Washington, DC-based advocacy group Future of Music Coalition
- Anni Mackay, the founder and director of BigTown Gallery and BigTown Projects in Rochester, VT
- Moderator: Lars Hasselblad Torres, executive director of Generator Makerspace
The evening aims for inquiry into the creative industries along several lines, including the forces driving compensation, professional stability, audience-building, innovation and expression; the near-future in terms of business models, infrastructure, policy and best practices; and how creative workers can advocate for a vibrant creative economy in Vermont.
The event is presented by the Creative Media BFA program.