MarketWatch is coming to Champlain on Monday, October 5th to film another “Money for Life” event (3:30 to 5 PM in the Champlain room at CCM).
- If a student attends the event they will earn LEAD Financial Sophistication credit, except that attendance will NOT fulfill LEAD 408 the Financial Assessment Requirement–Lead will be at a table at the event taking attendance;
- Some of the most senior executives from MarketWatch will be attending the event (Publisher, Editor, Managing Editor, and reporters). MarketWatch is owned by the Wall Street Journal and is one of the largest financial websites in the nation with 23 million unique visitors a month;
- After the event at a free reception (food and beverage) there will be an opportunity to mingle with the panelists and the senior MarketWatch folks–this is a great networking opportunity;
- There will be a goodie bag for the first 100 attendees from MarketWatch–last time they had some good stuff; and
- The event will be turned into 3-4 stories on MarketWatch’s website. Each story will be accompanied by an editorial. Each story and editorial will have a video from this event embedded in it. Each story and editorial will have links to Champlain College’s website and the college logo will appear in the story. Here is an example how Marketwatch did this in partnership with the Center for Financial Literacy with 3 videos from a similar event over the last year: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/money-for-life-3-secrets-to-financial-success-2015-05-19